Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Demigods are the offspring of gods and mortals, meaning one of their parent was a god and other a mortal. Demigod means half-god, technically meaning a demigod is a god/human hybrid. They are also commonly referred to as half-bloods. They are most prominent in Greek and Roman Mythology.
Demigods are born when a god forms a relationship with a mortal. They sometimes retain physical traits from their divine parents, like hair and eye color, or personality traits, like cunning or bravery.
Demigods often have powers or knowledge associated with their godly parent's domain of control. Their abilities are never as powerful as their parents' though, but they are still powerful enough to make them superior to normal mortals.
List of Demigods in Greek MythologyEdit
- Achilles (son of Thetis)
- Aeacus (son of Zeus)
- Aeneas (son of Aphrodite)
- Agenor (son of Poseidon)
- Amphion (son of Zeus)
- Arcas (son of Zeus)
- Asclepius (son of Apollo)
- Belus (son of Poseidon)
- Calais (son of Boreas)
- Chiron (son of Cronus)
- Chrysaor (son of Poseidon)
- Cycnus (son of Poseidon)
- Dardanus (son of Zeus)
- Epaphus (son of Zeus)
- Helen (daughter of Zeus)
- Heracles (son of Zeus)
- Ino/Leucothea (daughter of Harmonia, grandaughter of Ares and Aphrodite)
- Memnon (son of Eos)
- Minos (son of Zeus)
- Iasion (son of Zeus)
- Neleus (son of Poseidon)
- Orpheus (son of Apollo)
- Peirithous (son of Zeus)
- Pelias (son of Poseidon)
- Penthesilea (daughter of Ares)
- Perseus (son of Zeus)
- Phlegyas (son of Ares)
- Polydeuces (son of Zeus)
- Rhadamanthys (son of Zeus)
- Semele/Thyone (daughter of Harmonia, grandaughter of Ares and Aphrodite)
- Tantalus (son of Zeus)
- Theseus (son of Poseidon)
- Tityas (son of Zeus)
- Zetes (son of Boreas)
- Zethus (son of Zeus)
In Popular CultureEdit
- The demigod Hercules appears in many films, most notably the eponymous Disney film, and the 2015 action film of the same name starring Dwayne Johnson.
- Perseus appears in the film Clash of the Titans, and the sequel Wrath of the Titans.
- Demigods are the main focus of the films The Lightning Thief and Sea of Monsters, which are adaptions of the books by Rick Riordan.
- The Percy Jackson book series by Rick Riordan revolves around modern day Greek demigods and their struggle to live in a world full of hidden dangers. The demigods all attend a summer camp called Camp Half-Blood, run by the centaur Chiron and the god Dionysus.
List of Demigods in Other MythologiesEdit
- Abhimanyu (son of Chandra)
- Arjuna (son of Indra)
- Ashwathama (son of Rudra)
- Bhima (son of Vayu)
- Dhristyadyumna (son of Agni)
- Karna (son of Surya)
- Nakula (son of the Ashvins)
- Sahadeva (son of the Ashvins)
- Yudisthira (son of Yama)
- Aoife (daughter of The Morrígan)
- Cú Chulainn (son of Lugh)
- Diarmuid Ua Duibhne (son of Donn, foster son of Aengus)
- Scáthach (daughter of The Morrígan)
|Greek mythology articles|
|Deities||Zeus • Poseidon • Apollo • Athena • Aphrodite • Ares • Artemis • Hermes • Dionysus • Hera • Hephaestus|
|Heroes||Abderus • Bellerophon • Daedalus • Diomedes • Achilles • Cadmus • Heracles •Perseus • Odysseus • Orpheus • Theseus • Jason • Argonauts|
|Groups||Demigod • God • Titans • Graeae • Gorgons • Protogenoi|
|Creatures and monsters||Chimera • Centaur • Charybdis • Cyclops • Ceryneian Hind • Cretan Bull • Empusa • Erinyes • Erymanthian Boar • Minotaur • Typhon • Medusa • Makhai • Lernaean Hydra • Pegasus • More...|
|Titans||Atlas • Coeus • Crius • Cronus • Epimetheus • Gaia • Helios • Iapetos • Pallas • Perses • Prometheus • Oceanus • Hyperion • Rhea • Styx|
|Topics||Titanomachy • Overthrowing of Ouranus|