Contributing to Mythology Wiki should not be difficult - especially if you have previous experience with the MediaWiki markup. To learn how to edit a wiki, consult this wiki tutorial. You don't need to be a scholar or a mythologist to contribute. Preferably, our editors are interested in mythology and have at least a ninth grade writing level.
Recommended First Steps Edit
- Read the wiki tutorial to learn how to edit articles.
- Read our policies. You must follow them whether or not you have read them.
- Read the mission statement.
- Create a Wikicities account.
- Check the Community Portal for tasks that need to be done or projects that need members.
- You don't have to write articles based only on what you know. In fact, please don't! Since this is an encyclopedia, it should be based on what published experts say. Find out what they wrote, report it here, and please cite the source.
- You don't have to write whole articles from scratch. Most editors add a little bit here and there. Remember, all articles are open to editing by all other editors, and you are encouraged to go in and add new material to them. If you are willing to correcting spelling, check facts, or fix local links, you will be considered a highly valuable editor! We need all kinds around here.
- There is no such thing as a perfect article. The pathway towards that ideal is travelled by multiple editors adding what information they can and collaborating on things like content, formatting, and grammar. It is far more valuable to add lots of imperfect material than to have a trickle of "perfect" contributions.
- Communicate with your fellow editors. This is a collaborative endeavor, and communication is integral to good teamwork.
External Links Edit
- Content derived from Thelemapedia:Where to start retrieved 14 Feb, 2006.