- This article is about the Disney film. For the Greco-Roman god, see Heracles.
Hercules is a 1997 American animated musical fantasy film produced by Walt Disney Feature Animation and released by Walt Disney Pictures. Its story is based on the Greek hero Heracles and his Twelve Labors from Greek mythology. Though the movie was not a huge financial success, it was followed by a direct-to-video prequel Hercules: Zero to Hero and a TV series Hercules: The Animated Series.
- Tate Donovan as Hercules
- Danny DeVito as Philoctetes
- James Woods as Hades
- Susan Egan as Megara
- Frank Welker as Pegasus
- Rip Torn and Samantha Eggar as Zeus and Hera
- Lillias White, Cheryl Freeman, LaChanze, Roz Ryan and Vanéese Y. Thomas as the Muses (Calliope, Melpomene, Terpsichore, Thalia and Clio respectively)
- Bobcat Goldthwait and Matt Frewer as Pain and Panic
- Patrick Pinney as the Cyclops
- Hal Holbrook and Barbara Barrie as Amphitryon and Alcmene
- Amanda Plummer, Carole Shelley and Paddi Edwards as Clotho, Lachesis, Atropos, the three Fates who predict Hades' attempt to conquer Olympus
- Paul Shaffer as Hermes
- Jim Cummings as Nessus
- Wayne Knight as Demetrius
- Keith David as Apollo
- Charlton Heston has a cameo role as the opening narrator.
|Mythology in films|
|1960's||Hercules and the Conquest of Atlantis|
|1980's||Clash of the Titans|
|2010's||Clash of the Titans | Thor | Immortals | Wrath of the Titans ||