Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
There are 32 kings who have ruled or will rule Shambhala. They can be divided into two groups--the first seven are referred to as Dharmarajas or Chogyal, "Truth Kings". The following 25 are referred to as Kalki or Rigden, "Wisdom Holders".
The Seven DharmarajasEdit
- Suchandra/Chandrabhadra/Dawa Sangpo: A 10th-ground bodhisattva; the whole of Shambhala became enlightened while Suchandra ruled.
- Devendra/Lhayi Wang: "Fond of Sentient Beings"
- Tejasvin/Taji/Ziji Chän: "Bearer of the Dharma Wheel and the Auspicious Conch"
- Chandradatta/Somadatta/Dawä Jin: "Lord of Speakers"
- Deveshvara/Sureshvara/Lhaji Wangchug: "Destroyer of the City of Delusion"
- Chitrarupa/Vishvamurti/Natshog Zug: "Conqueror of False Leaders, Holding a Lotus"
- Devesha/Sureshana/Lhayi Wangdän: "Cutter of Delusion, Uprooter of Karma and Klesha"
The 25 KalkiEdit
- Manjushrikirti/Manjughoshikirti/Jampal Trakpa: He put the Kalachakra tantra in a condensed, simplified form known as the "Sri Kalachakra" or "Laghutantra".
- Pundarika/Pema Karpo: "White Lotus, Cherished by the Lord of Potala". His commentary Vimalaprabha/"Stainless Light" survives today. The Dalai Lamas are considered incarnations of Pundarika.
- Bhadra/Zangpo: "One who Rules by the Thousand-spoked Wheel"
- Vijaya/Nampar Gyäl: "Attractor of Wealth, Victorious in War"
- Mitrabhadra Sumitra/Shenyen Zangpo: "Integrator of Method and Wisdom, Victorious over Samsara"
- Ratnapani/Raktapani/Rinchen Chag: "Holder of the Blissful Vajra and Bell"
- Vishnugupta/Kyabjug Bäpa: "Smiling Holder of the Trident and Mala"
- Suryakirti/Arkakirti/Nyima Drag: "Annihilator of Wild Demons"
- Subhadra/Shintu Zangpo: "Holder of the Sword and Shield"
- Samudra Vijaya/Gyatso Namgyäl: "Annihilator of all types of Devils"
- Durjaya/Aja/Gyälka: "Who binds with Unbreakable Iron Chains"
- Surya/Suryapada/(Wonang) Nyima: "All-Pervading, Radiant Jewel Light"
- Chitrarupa/Vishvarupa/Natshog Zug(chän): "Holder of the Vajra Prod and Noose"
- Shashiprabha/Sasiprabha/Chandraprabha/Dawäi Ö: "Lord of Secret Mantras, Holder of the Wheel and Conch"
- Ananta/Thayä/Nyen: "Holder of the Mallet that Crushes False Ideas"
- Shripaala/Parthiva: "Holder of the Cleaver that Cuts the Bonds of Ignorance"
- Shripala/Pälkyong: "Annihilator of the Host of Demons"
- Singha/Senge: "Who Stuns the Elephant with his Vajra"
- Vikranta/Nampar Nön: "Subduer of the Mass of Foes, the Inner and Outer Classes of Devils"
- Mahabala/Tobpo Che: "Tamer of all False Leaders by Means of the Sound of Mantra"
- Aniruddha/Magakpa: "Who Draws and Binds the Entire Three Worlds"
- Narasingha/Miyi Senge: "Ruling by the Wheel, Holding the Conch"
- Maheshvara/ Wangchug Che: "Victorious over the Armies of Demons"
- Anantavijaya/Anantajaya/Thaye Namgyäl: "Holder of the vajra and Bell"
- Raudra Chakrin/Rudrin Chakrin/Trakpo Chakkhorchen: "Forceful Wheel Holder"